Monday 22 July 2013

A Classic Monday

The sound of a glass shattering is a highly-effective alarm. 

If you don't believe me, I'll lend you my devilish playful kitten for a night and you can perch a glass of water on your nightstand. Just be aware that you might not be able to set your wake-up for a specific time, but I am considering recording the sound and selling it on iTunes. THAT is how I'll make my millions.

The last 24 hours were pretty typical of the end of weekend/beginning of work week turnaround. As I was preparing to go to bed, I felt the telltale tingle of a cold sore brewing on my lip and rushed to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription to nip it in the bud. It meant sitting in their waiting room for 40 minutes. Then I laid in bed, contemplating my exciting news (an update is coming, I promise) and worrying about not falling asleep, and being tired this morning.

For the record, I am fucking exhausted this morning. 

So far, my two week kidcation is not off to a good start, but I'm optimistic that it can only go up from here. 


If not, I might just stay in bed for the next two weeks.

But, right now, it remains to be a classic I don't want to wake-up kind of Monday, and in spite of my best efforts, two coffee and a fantastic breakfast, I'm still struggling with a major case of the dreaded Mondays.
How I feel, and kind of look. Our glasses match.



No comments:

Post a Comment